Saturday, October 08, 2005

Seven

I promised Mahi I’d do this, so here it is.
That said, I’m bad at these things. For one thing, there aren’t too many bits about me that are terribly interesting (no, really). I didn’t want to think about the answers too much cos that’d be:
a) kinda artificial
b) too much work trying to sound interesting which is kinda like point a)

That said, it took a while to do some of them cos I struggled to find enough to fill 7 items. Even mundane ones. Sad, I know.

Anyway.
Apologies.
Please don’t let that stop you from visiting in the future.

Seven Things That Scare Me
  1. Losing a loved one.
  2. Crows.
  3. Being mediocre.
  4. Clowns.
  5. Mosquitoes. I became a bit paranoid cos we've had some dengue fever scares in the neighbourhood. Every time I see one sucking on me I slap frantically, not killing the cursed insect and bruising myself instead.
  6. Blood tests.
  7. Ads for colleges. I do ads for a college and when we were going through the research, I saw it takes very little solid fact to convince parents to part with their life's savings. This worries me.
Seven Things I Like
  1. Reading. I have to read something before I sleep. I've read brochures for mutual funds in desperate times.
  2. Writing.
  3. Running.
  4. My iPod.
  5. Hips. A recent development. I've always been a breast man, but lately, I've begun to appreciate a woman's hips: the small patches of it that rise above jeans, the dimples at the base of the spine.
  6. My life.
  7. Kissing.
Seven Important Things In My Room
  1. My bookshelf.
  2. My bed.
  3. My clock.
  4. Hangers. The only time clothes should be on the floor is post-coital.
  5. My stand lamp.
  6. My envelopes. To sort my receipts.
  7. My air-cond.
Seven Random Facts About Me
  1. I have a shaved head.
  2. Once a month, I target someone in my building for an elevator prank.
  3. I have a dimple on one cheek.
  4. I hate wet toilet floors. With hair. Ew.
  5. If you play Boggles, we will get along.
  6. I’m militant about safety belts. An absolute Nazi.
  7. I will stay really late, but I don’t take my work home. When I’m out the door, I’m done.
Seven Things I Plan on Doing Before I Die
  1. Have at least 5 decent books to my name.
  2. Live in Toronto for a year.
  3. Make love to a beautiful, angry female welder (oh, you think I’m kidding).
  4. This one I can’t tell you.
  5. Start my own movie magazine.
  6. Be on set of whatever movie David Fincher is filming, start to finish. I’ll run around and bring him coffee. I don’t care.
  7. Make my folks proud.
Seven Things That I Can Do, or Have Done
  1. Be a good friend.
  2. Been 3 different kinds of paid writer.
  3. Make half-decent pancakes.
  4. Been in a cage with a live tiger, not 5 feet away.
  5. Shaken hands with Samuel L. Jackson. He came to Melbourne for the premiere of The Long Kiss Goodnight.
  6. Sing second voice.
  7. Slept on the streets. It was the first day of the new millennium. The roads were gridlocked, the trains wouldn’t run for another six hours, so I slept on the pavement, and then next to a water fountain.
Seven Things That I Cannot Or Will Not Do
  1. Remember roads.
  2. Whistle.
  3. Drink tequila ever again.
  4. Smoke.
  5. Work at any desk I’ve been assigned. It could be a great desk or a huge office with a plasma screen TV, a coffee machine and hot sexually liberated secretary. The moment you say “This is where you will work,” it’s over. I can’t work there.
  6. Watch American Idol.
  7. Leave twisted phone cords alone.
Seven Things I Say The Most
  1. “Fuck.”
  2. “No.”
  3. “Mkaaay…”
  4. “I’ma.” As in “I’ma go now,” or “I’ma fucking kick your ass.”
  5. “I love you.” This is every day, but it’s really only to those few people. Very few.
  6. “Babe.”
  7. “Previously on Battlestar Galactica.” This is to no one in particular. I love the show a lot and I find myself saying it when they show the re-cap. I sometimes say it during lunch at random which makes my colleagues roll their eyes.
Seven Celebs on Whom I Have A Crush

Had huge problems with this cos most of the celebs I love:
Aren’t actually big stars
Aren’t all in movies
  1. Bryce Dallas Howard. After The Village, I went through this period where I was so over sighted chicks. Blind girls don’t burden you with their prejudice. Blind chicks see the real you.
  2. Elisha Cuthbert.
  3. Jem.
  4. Laura Linney. I have been crushing on Laura since 1997. And she’s still the one for me. I would so be her kept man if she’d have me. She could teach me so many things.
  5. Katee Sackhoff. Smokes cigars, flies a Viper fighter, punches like a guy. Katee could conceivably paddle my ass.
  6. Lokelani McMichael. Her real name’s Lokelani Kuulei Make Mai which means 'Heavenly rose my precious flower lei.' At the age of 18, Lokelani became the youngest female ever to participate in the Ironman competition - the Holy Grail of Triathlon events.
  7. Kristie Lu Stout.
And Finally, Seven Souls I Have Ruined By Tagging Them

I’ma change this a bit.
I’m not gonna tag nobody.
It’s my good deed for the day.

No comments: