Saturday, October 15, 2005

Dear all

First off, I’m sorry if I haven’t dropped by recently.
I’ve been trynna finish stuff at work before I go.

I’m taking a break at the end of next week. Just a short trip out of the country. It’s been a long time coming and considering the week I’ve just had, not a moment too soon.

I’m not one for navel-gazing mumbo jumbo, but recently I’ve felt very grateful.
Recently, stuff has happened that made me feel my life was going to worth living. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t suicidal or anything. I love my life.

But for the first time in a long while I felt it’s going to be worth sticking around for.

Some days, my medium-sized dreams get big.
Some days, my tiny projects make me so happy.
Some days, I have a genuine, un-smug smile on my face.

I know there will be days I won’t feel this way.
I’m pretty sure my cynical side will get its shots in every now and then.

But I’ve noticed a pattern:
The good days are staying longer.

I’m gonna be careful about what I put out in the Universe.
The ride I’m on has been really good so far (fingers crossed).
I’m betting the next one is gonna be perfect.


See you when I get back.

No comments: