Sunday, May 28, 2006

Previously, on Two In The Bush

Firstly, quick thanks and apologies to several people who dropped by during my prolonged absence. I wasn’t ignoring anyone, honest. I’ve just been in a bad place these past two months. Sooner or later, everyone catches a bad stretch, and I’m no exception.

Sometime between the 2nd and 3rd chapters of ‘3 Eroticas,’ I hurt my back. After that, a whole lotta things took a nose-dive:

I couldn’t run. Running is something I never knew I’d come to love, and when I can’t run, it’s upsetting. I missed the adrenaline highs that followed, the sweet ache in my legs that reminded me I did something physical. I only started running again two weeks ago and even then, only once a week. My stamina has suffered, but I’ll get there. First lay down the routine, then aim to improve.

I couldn’t write. Actually, I could. The sick irony of it was I could only write at work. I couldn’t stay in any one position more than half an hour (with the exception of lying down, which I could only do at home). All I wanted to do was finish my work and go home. Thing is, I kept interrupting myself. I had to get up from my desk constantly. The vicious cycle ate at me and some days I felt like screaming. By the time I got home, I was too tired to do anything. This is actually the first piece of writing I’ve done in weeks that isn’t part of my job.

And when I got better, things got worse. No more pain, but then half a dozen colleagues left in about 4 months, 3 of them writers. My work load tripled, and the agency suddenly decided to start pitching for more business. I stayed past 10 almost every day and I worked weekends.

Then my Mac crashed. I wrote this post from my Dad’s PC.

So there you have it. It’s not over yet, the storm. But it's dying down.

To the people I love, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be distant. You know everything that’s happened here cos I told you already. I want to get back back to you. But I had to get back to me first.

To the regulars, thanks. Like I said at the beginning of the post, I wasn’t ignoring anyone. Indeed, I only read the new comments a few days ago. I’m also sorry I haven’t been by. If I’ve missed something special, please feel free to cut and paste some belated good vibes from The Box (see below). I hope to post some new material in the next few weeks. I’ve also been wanting to preview an experiment on the blog for a long time, but I was worried not everyone might like it. But this is true of everything I’ve done anyway. It’s time to stop trying to think 30 moves ahead and just trust you guys.

To the Universe. So, it’s like that huh? Fine. I’m still standing. C’mon. Let’s go.



Good Vibes Smorgasbord (cut and paste where appropriate)

“Congrats!”

“Dayum.”

“Hang in there ok?”

“Ew, gross.”

“Oh. My. God.”

No comments: