Sunday, November 13, 2005

Movie reviews: Paradise Now and Wolf Creek

I'm once again plugging my POOR UNFAIRLY IGNORED LITTLE MOVIE BLOG.

In Melbourne, I watched The Flight That Fought Back. a TV movie about United Airlines Flight 93, the hijacked 9/11 plane where passengers stormed the cockpit, and possibly preventing it from reaching the White House.

By coincidence, a movie called Paradise Now was being screened in independent cinemas which arguably was the exact opposite of that: a story told from the viewpoint of two suicide bombers. I'm lucky I caught this one as it would never have been screened in Malaysia. If think the film board would have been hard pressed to decide if it celebrated suicide bombings (though it doesn't) or it showed middle-easterners and Muslims in a bad light (it doesn't). The film board I'm sure would've decided to avoid the choice altogether by not allowing it.

I also saw an Australian film, Wolf Creek which was Oz's answer to Se7en. Not for the weak of stomach I can tell you. Again, unlikely to hit Malaysian theatres.

But the rest of y'all can save a bit of money or have your say at my POOR UNFAIRLY IGNORED LITTLE MOVIE BLOG.

Sob.

No comments: